Voice work update
A lot has been going on that I haven’t updated about. I’ll try to remember most of it here…
- I’ve been cast for a minor role in a Fireflyfanficaudio drama. I have no idea what to expect, but I’m very excited even if it’s a minor role…or several minor roles. I mean, I wanted to be Badger, but I admit my accents are not my strongest quality. Anyway, the updates for that are here: http://fireflybetweenthelines.com/ and of course I will link episodes I appear in as they are released.
- I’ve also been cast in a Vampire audio drama that I didn’t even audition for. It’s cool, because the initial script has an Anne Rice feel to it, which I dig. But more than that, I’m floored with honor that someone came to me to do it. I’m taking it as a good omen for things to come.
- I’ve recently sent out auditions for a couple religious scripts. One had an instructional feel to it, the other more historical fiction-ish. More on those as/if they develop.
- I’m recording and sending two auditions tonight. One is for a trailer voiceover, which of course makes me puff out my bass with all the Don Lafontaine I can muster.
- The Planet of the Apes fanfic I mentioned doing a bit part in will be coming out soon. I’ve heard an early cut, and once again I am in love with Bill Hollweg’s skill and devotion to his craft.
- Another Escape Pod reading has been sent my way. I’m very excited to record that!
- I think I’m going to work on writing a kid-appropriate audio drama that my boy and I can record as a father-and-son activity. I’m picturing a super spy cyborg kid protagonist. Give me a holler if you want in. 😉
- Warrior Journal is in motion again. Look for episodes of that to be coming soon.
- There’s more that I can’t think of at the moment, but I’m sure you’ll hear about it soon enough.
It’s all still unpaid, of course. This is my hobby and I love doing it. At some point I’ll start auditioning for paying gigs, but my ego’s main goal is to saturate the Internet with as much me as it can bear. More news as it develops.