This would be the reason why I’ve never really tried to keep a blog before. I mean, other than the fact that they tend to be bland and self-serving. But I wanted a way to keep track of the projects I’ve been working on and there is the off chance that some day I may use it for something more…
But for now, the housekeeping:
- Jonathan Darby is fully released and still available on CD Baby. My voiceover work has improved since the time I recorded it, but I think the story is fun and interesting enough to make it worth the $5 purchase. I hope I will get a chance to re-visit it and re-record the whole thing for the author at some point int he future. If nothing else, I plan to re-record the narration for the first 3 or 4 episodes. That alone will make a vast improvement.
- The prequel teasers for 2109 have all been recorded and sent for production. They will likely be releasing soon. I think I have 2 more episodes of the main series to record, then that will be wrapped.
- I’ve sent out several other auditions for roles in new productions as well as the phenomenal zombie series HG World and am waiting to hear back. I have a couple more auditions to record and send this weekend.
- I continue to produce for Escape Pod, and I’m having a great time doing it. I still bubble with pride when Mur says “produced by Mat Weller” at the end. I’m simple.
- Last, and far from least, I’ve mentally committed to start releasing episodes of Warrior Journal right after the holidays. I’ve been listening to the interviews to plot the direction. I have permission to use Danger Aaron’s music for the themes and beds, which is very exciting. Now I just need to put it all together.
More will follow soon.